Patients & Visitors
The following is a list of guidelines for both Patients & Visitors:
• No Photography or Video Taping permitted on the DMH campus.
• No weapons of any kind.
• No Soliciting.
• Appropriate attire is required at DMH, such as shoes, shirt, etc.
• No Animals allowed – except for Service Animals.
• Chapel – The hospital’s chapel is located on the 2nd floor and is always available to patients and visitors.
• Needed Incidentals – Things you should bring with you to the hospital. Containers to protect your eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, etc.
• We recommend you only keep a few dollars with you to buy any incidentals you need. DMH is not responsible for lost or stolen property. Please leave your valuables at home.
• Newpapers – DMH distributes the local newspaper to in-patients Monday – Friday, excluding holidays.
Mail – the Auxiliary will deliver any received mail directly to you in your room. Any mail received after your discharge will be forwarded to the address on your medical record.
• Television – There is no charge for television service. Please notify the nursing staff if you have questions regarding the television in your room.
• Telephone – Telephones are available in most room and are easily accessed. Local calls are free, just dial 9 and wait for the dial tone. You may place long distance calls by dialing 0 and asking your operator for assistance. Long distance calls may be made collect, billed to your home, or billed to a credit card. Our switchboard closes for outgoing calls at 11:00pm. We ask that only emergency calls be made after that.
• Notary Services – If you need a notary, please ask your nurse to arrange this service for you.
• Smoking Policy – DMH is a smoke-free campus. E-cigarettes are not permitted. Smoking is not permitted in any area of the building or parking lot. You must have written permission from your physician to smoke off campus during your stay. The patient must be suitably dressed and accompanied by a family member or at the convenience of a staff member.