The DeSoto Memorial Hospital Foundation was established in January 2001 in an effort to continue providing excellent health care in the 21st century. The Foundation is designed to provide funds to DeSoto Memorial Hospital for equipment, special projects and renovations.
To be the fundraising arm of the hospital;
To promote the availability of quality healthcare at the hospital;
Provide funds for capital equipment, building renovation/expansions and new services of the hospital; Provide funds for scholarships to local individuals pursuing higher education in healthcare occupations.
To help ensure the hospital has the resources to continue serving the community with the latest medical technology and services available.
To raise charitable funds as a non-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation, and to direct all of those funds to DeSoto Memorial Hospital.
To inform the community of the Foundation's progress and fundraising events;
Advise the community of Hospital services and future goals;
Play a vital role in giving citizens an opportunity to engage in promoting quality healthcare.
- Texas Hold'Em (February/March)
- Golf Tournament (November)
The Foundation has purchased or provided funds towards:
- An automatic slide stainer for the Laboratory
- Two new birthing beds, an ice machine, end tables, curtains, and paint for the OB Department;
- Privacy doors for ER and ICU,
- An ice machine for the Chemotherapy and Senior Life Improvement Departments,
- A Stortz largnscope for the Emergency Department,
- A G5 Vibramatic Percussor for Respiratory Therapy,
- DMH Website,
- Donation of $94,000 towards the Radiology Fluoroscopy Room Project,
- Wheelchair donation to the nursing staff,
- Refrigerator for the ICU Department,
- Blanket warmers for the Medical Surgical Department,
- Blanket warmer for the Diagnostic Imaging Department,
- Eight new patient beds for the Medical Surgical Department,
- Wireless fetal monitor for the OB Department,
- Hearing machine for the OB Department,
- Defibrillator for the Emergency Department,
- Fetal monitor cart for the OB Department